Friday, November 6, 2009

Time of Thanksgiving


The beautiful colors around us have started to fall to the ground in preparation for winter.  The moments of "waves of leaves" drifting down like a rain fall before your eyes are amazing.  Of course, the ground is covered with yellow and brown leaves, waiting to be swept, crunched, blown or just to sit and gather mold underneith.  Another time for allergy sufferers to prepare for sniffles and headaches - and you thought the pollen season was bad...   Still though, God's creation does not sease to amaze me.  Like the sound of the gaggling geese flying above in formation, or the howl of the wind.  Each day continues to bring us new experiences.  Today, was a busy day for me at work.  I'm learning new reports and processes to support our newly accredidation with URAC that we have worked hard for.  I'm becoming a "numbers person", which I never considered a strong point for me in the past, but the pride of showing progress of accomplishments is rewarding in the end.  We are meeting our turn around time goals and continue to be successful in the utilization review industry, all the while my eyes are spinning with numbers that follow me to my dreams.  Tonight, is a quiet night.  Roy and Brian have flown to Virginia Tech Seminary to participate in the Episcopal Relief and Development conference with other seminarians around the country.   I hope to hear good things about how to keep this extremely important mission alive in the parish, when he comes home.  Heather is at a friend's house.  I am so glad she is adapting well and making friends.  It was pretty tough at first for her, but she is really making some bonds that she will cherish for a long time.  I have to say, I was so excited to get our November issue of The Messenger from Holy Trinity today.  I love reading it cover to cover to stay connected with our church family back home.  A big AMEN to Father Joe's editorial titled A God of Abundance or Another Reason for Thanksgiving.  He reminded me how we fit into God's scheme of things by realizing all the gifts of life to be truly thankful for.  I especially agree with his last statement " Don't believe for one minute you can outgive your resources.  God will replenish, beyond your imagining, what you have employed in His name."  I know this because I am living it.  What we are getting back, here at Nashotah, far outweighs the sacrifices we have given to get here.  Praise His name, alleluiah.   Thanksgiving approaches, and though sad we will not be with our parents and brothers/sisters, we are excited to drive to Ohio to spend with my family of aunts, uncles and cousins.  It is not often that we get to celebrate a holiday with them.  In close, God's blessings to all of you - take time to consider them, count them, and rejoice.

Love,
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment