Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Great Commission

Roy preached in St. Mary's Chapel last week and we hope you enjoy this 6 min sermon/homily on The Great Commission.  www.youtube.com  Prior to coming to seminary, I wondered how I was going to worship with my husband as my rector/priest.  Would I get as much out of the teachings and where would my feelings be.  I think I am beginning to find, that though I still think I will need to reach out to another source for pastoral care when needed, Roy does a great job for me in the teachings of theology and leading worship.  Oh the things as a clergy spouse I have to learn!  I am finding that I look forward to this next phase in my life, more so than the intimidation that it once gave me.  I am so proud of him and his gift of spreading the Gospel.

Well, our last Fall in the Midwest is upon us.  I was noticing this past week, that though some of the leaves are starting to yellow and red (depending on the type of tree) that many leaves are falling already without the glorious color works show.  I've been told that some falls are less colorful if it has been an especially dry season.  I am saddened by the thought that our last fall will be less than spectacular in appearance as the previous seasons.  My sadness has been overturned this weekend, however, since we have had rain showers for two days now.  Maybe, we will get that glorious colorful fall showing by next weekend after all!  I will post pictures soon. 

Heather's home schooling is going great.  Her classes are all now loaded and she is keeping her own schedule very nicely and caught up.  Her grades are good and she seems happy.   The first job was a disappointment.  After her first week, her boss called and told her though she was one of their hardest workers, the company policy was that all employees must be 16 years of age.  Unfortunately, she doesn't turn 16 for another month and a half and that wasn't good enough.  She was down in the dumps for loosing her job.  The experience gave her pride and accomplishment which helps a teenager's self esteem.   At least she still has a steady baby sitting gig on Mondays and we are house sitting and she is dog sitting for the next two weeks, which will give her a little income for her savings.  She has her hopes on buying a truck, a Ford F150 she says...   Anyway, I am trying to reassure her this was a good experience for her in interviewing and now having a reference for applications when she is starts the job search again.

I had hoped to go to Milwaukee this weekend for Doors Open Milwaukee.  It is a free event where 100 businesses and buildings are open to the public for tours and historical education.  There is so much history in Milwaukee.  I was really looking forward to this, not sure if we will make the trek out in this weather or not.  I am not complaining though, because I am happy for the rain.  We needed it.  I will post more pictures if we end up going.

Have a great weekend.  God Bless you!
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment