Thursday, December 3, 2009

Brotherhood of St. Andrew

Today was a great day.  Started out with a normal day at the office "in the basement - getting kinda dark and cold down there"  then at lunch time, I had to run out to pick something up from the store for Roy's birthday tomorrow.  When I came out it was snowing... HARD.  Well, for you northerners, not really hard I guess.  But for this Florida girl it was hard enough!  Not much stuck to the concrete, but there were patches of white in the grass.  I drove home quickly (but not too quickly) my heart was pounding.  It is a weird experience driving in the snow, almost 3-D, big white flurries coming at you quicker than the scenery on the road.  WEIRD.  I don't think I'll be to anxious to try it when it is slippery.  Then tonight at chapel, Roy was inducted into the Brotherhood of St. Andrew.  I would like to share the prayer with you now from pg 185 of BCP.

Almighty God, who didst give such grace to thine apostle Andrew that he readily obeyed the call of thy Son Jesus Christ, and brought his brother with him: Give unto us, who are called by thy Word, grace to follow him without delay, and to bring those near to us into his gracious presence; who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

After chapel, we had dinner with the O'Carroll's.  Then while Roy was studying, I went out to play tricks on him in the campus for tomorrow's "OH NO 40 - Birthday".   My friends,  Susan, Danielle, Kaitlyn and I hung "age old antic" signs all along the pathway he walks to school everyday.  We also decorated his stall in the changing area where he dresses for chapel.  A sign and confetti awaits him in his classroom, and many more surprises.  I will upload pictures soon.  What fun!  Hope someone has a camera handy when he arrives tomorrow.  Would love to be a fly on the wall. 

Blessings to all our blog followers.  Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.  We did and have much to be thankful for.  Love, Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment