Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday morning blues

Somehow, my silly upper respiratory illness that I had at Christmas time, seems to be back.  My nose is stuffy and my chest is heavy.  I must take care of this once and for all.  Tea.  Tea is the ticket.  My ingenius oldest daughter made me some wonderful teas, so I am sipping that while I relax with you.  Yesterday, just as I was "geting the blues" missing Roy - an email popped into my phone.  It is so wonderful how God has kept me strong through this.  A message just when I needed it!  He said that they had spent the day teaching at the seminary in Zomba and had just finished dinner with Fr. Sumani.  He also said that things were much better now that the team was all together and in Southern Malawi.  Things are ALWAYS better in the south.  :)  Is a quote from a friend on campus.  He also said that he will be preaching tomorrow at St. Bartholomew in Zomba, so it is my intention to wake up at around 2am so that I am on the same time as he and pray pray pray. 

Today we awoke with fresh snow on the ground.  A couple of inches to put a fresh coat of white on the drifts of dirty piles from the previous weeks plows.  It is refreshing.  I have no icon class today.  Sad, but Judy is out of town with her husband whom is an interim priest.  They are going to a church north and decided to make a weekend out of it.  Blessings for them.  I am almost done with Archangel Michael.  I am excited to be finally putting the finishing touches on him soon.  My next icon, we have been discussing already is going to be the Guardian Angel.  It is beautiful.  Icon writing has really given me a new spiritual outlet.  I am hooked, and I look forward to sharing this with others upon my return to Florida.

Gotta run now, I must sweep off the car and run pick up a friend.  Community living is amazing here, one thing that I will surely miss.  We stick by each other and help out whenever there is a need.  Today, I have agreed to loan my car to a seminarian that is here without wheels.  He ususally has a roommate that they share a car with, but his roommate isn't back from break.  Gary is from central Fl and he and his wife Christina have become fast friends.  He is only here for one year, so his family did not move with him.  It must be so hard.  I have met her when she has come for a visit and she is so sweet.  I pray for them now. 

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer.  Ps. 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment