Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday with Archangel Michael

Today was a good day working on my icon Archangel Michael.  I am just a little disappointed that the last float dried too dark, hiding much of the 2nd highlights.  They were so detailed.  All is well though, the highlights done today will freshen it up a bit.  The wings look beautiful as if the sun is beating down on them.
After spending the morning, a nice lunch and a bit of chat time with Judy (my icon instructor) I stopped at the grocery store.  Picked up some snacks for Heather's return and dinner supplies for the Malawi Widow prayer dinner tomorrow.  It is a loving nick name by Deborah that has caught on.

Did I forget to mention, that the snow accumulated about 4 inches last night and I had to shovel my way out the door and driveway?  Boy, I sure do miss my hubbie.  He does such a good job shoveling.  Oh well, I am sure snow is the furthest thing from his mind right now in Africa.  I imagine it is hot and humid where he is.  They should be in the middle of the Happening weekend right now.  Prayers for the Holy Spirit to fill them with the words that are needed at the moment.

Yesterday was very productive for me.  Worked a 9 hour day, 2 loads of laundry completed, baked a dozen cookies to take to Judy's, mopped the floor, had a glass of wine with a friend, and turned on the self cleaning oven.  Nothing like the feeling of accomplishment!  No time for loneliness here!  ha ha  I heard from Heather and the groups traveling to NC for YouthQuake, they have arrived and having fun.  All I have left on my agenda for this Saturday afternoon (creeping into evening now) is to run up to CVS and get more ink for our printer.  We go through that stuff like crazy.

Prayers up to God for my loved ones today and a reminder from 2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment